With Lockdown starting to lift and businesses gradually returning to their new normal, I thought now would be a good time to let you know where we will be going from here!!
As I write this blog the sun is shining and I have my laptop sat out in the garden at home. We really have been blessed with the most gorgeous weather! Whilst it has been very strange ‘working from home’ I have to admit I’ve actually enjoyed taking a step back and plan to make the most of this time before the ‘craziness’ commences.
We now have a huge waiting list and I am currently working my way through allocating appointments. All clients who have contacted me, had a virtual consultation with me or are nearly due their treatments; rest assured I will be in touch soon and an appointment will be allocated to you before we reopen our online diary.
The clinic will reopen for treatments on Saturday 4th July 2020, unless of course, the government move this date back. Should this date move back, all allocated appointments will be rescheduled.
Our new and improved ‘boutique retail’ area will reopen at the earlier date of Thursday 18th June (in line with the non-essential shops).
The COVID-19 pandemic will mean that many necessary adjustments are required in order to minimise the transmission of the disease.
My focus as a Clinic Owner is to protect my staff, our clients and myself whilst delivering appropriate and safe treatments.
As a Nurse, I also have my Code of Conduct to consider.
NMC: THE CODE
Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses, midwives and nursing associates
19.4 – take all reasonable personal precautions necessary to avoid any potential health risks to colleagues,
people receiving care and the public.
So, with all of this in mind, here is a summary of the steps I have put in place to ensure all of the above is met.
1 – CLINICAL ENVIRONMENT
- All staff will receive training in our COVID-19 protocols prior to their return to work.
- Daily COVID-19 Health Checks will be performed on all staff.
- We will be staggering our working days to ensure staff can maintain distancing.
- For the time being we will not be offering refreshments and our waiting rooms will not be used.
- We will operate a one in one out basis and, on arrival, you will be escorted straight to your treatment room. Please do not arrive early or late for your appointment.
- We will have a perspex screen shield in place at our reception desk.
- We will clean our card payment machine before and after every transaction.
- Our toilet facility will remain closed to the public for the foreseeable future.
- A thorough cleaning regime will be followed between each and every client – including all surfaces, door handles and any other touch points between clients and staff.
- At the end of each day, a further deep clean will be performed.
- All staff will be wearing the appropriate PPE, and this may vary dependant on the interaction required. We are fully equipped with aprons, gloves, visors, 3ply surgical masks and FFP2 masks where needed.
2 – APPOINTMENTS AND CONSULTATIONS
- All bookings should be made via the telephone, email or our online booking system.
- You will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening check online prior to your appointment.
- You will receive full instruction with regards to our new procedures, via email, before your appointment date.
- We are already a paperless clinic, however, for the foreseeable future we will now be asking you to sign your consent at home prior to attending your appointment.
- If you do not complete the COVID-19 screening, medical questionnaire and consent prior to attending, we may have to delay your appointment.
- All new consultations, wherever possible, will continue to be online virtual consultations for the foreseeable future. Review appointments will also, in the first instance, be online.
- We ask that you do not bring children, friends, partners with you to your appointment. Please attend on your own.
- On arrival you will be required to use our hand sanitizing station and your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer.
- If you are feeling unwell, have family members who are unwell, have a temperature or any other COVID-19 symptoms, your appointment will need to be postponed.
- If you have travelled overseas then you must wait 15 days before attending an appointment.
- We will supply you with a 3ply surgical mask should you wish to wear one.
- Please do not attend your appointment wearing gloves. We have a hand sanitizing system in place and gloves are not required.
3 – RETAIL
- In the first instance, should you require any skincare, bodycare, cosmetics or skin supplements please telephone or email us and we can advise a collection time, get your products ready or schedule a slot for you to sample the products of interest.
- Please understand that, should somebody already be browsing our retail, we may require you to wait outside for a short period of time.
- A hand sanitizing station will be available on entry and exit.
- We will be operating reduced hours/days initially and this will be reassessed on a weekly basis. Therefore, please contact us in the first instance to ensure that you don’t have a wasted journey.
I have no idea how long these measures will remain in place but rest assured I will be performing regular risk assessments and making adjustments where needed.
Whilst it will seem a little strange initially please bare with us and know ,as a business, we have all of our best interests at the forefront and the measures in place are there for a reason!
I am really looking forward to welcoming you all back and look forward to seeing you all soon!
If you have any questions at all please get in touch with myself directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org