Collagen Shots are something that we are finding you, our clients, asking us about more and more! So we thought we would share 7 things that you may not know about our favourite, award winning brand.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, tendons, the digestive system and even our brain and heart. It is often referred to as the ‘glue’ that helps to hold our body tissues together, but unfortunately, as we begin to age, our collagen levels start to diminish. This shows with visible signs of ageing as we start to develop fine lines and wrinkles.
Our lifestyle also plays an important part in collagen depletion with extrinsic factors such as sun damage, alcohol, smoking and pollution all contributing to a lowering of our precious collagen levels.
Originally it was thought that a beauty cream would increase the stores of collagen, however science has found that the molecule is too large to penetrate the dermis this way. But don’t despair just yet, if you’re wondering how you can get more of this amazing ingredient then it’s actually very simple. Just one scoop of Collagen Shots daily can help your body in so many ways.
1. Super skin support – This first point is one that you probably already know.
Reduction of collagen levels becomes evident in fine lines and wrinkles. Collagen Shots is formulated with 10,000 mg of hydrolysed collagen per serving and taking Collagen Shots daily will provide your body with all the key amino acids and vitamins to stimulate fibroblasts which in turn trigger the production of collagen.
2. Cellulite reduction – Yes, you read it correctly. By strengthening connective tissue and elasticity, Collagen Shots will help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
The vast majority of us have some cellulite and this can be aggravated when skin loses its elasticity as a result of lower collagen levels. The skin becomes thinner and cellulite is more visible. Strengthening the connective tissue helps to reduce the appearance of dimpling and improve circulation.
3. One thing to know about collagen is that it improves gut health – Leaky gut is a condition where undigested foods can pass through an inflamed digestive tract causing a change in the body’s natural microbiome and releasing toxins into the blood stream. Studies indicate that those with an inflammatory bowel disease have low levels of collagen in their body. Taking a collagen supplement can help to calm down inflammation for a less agitated digestive system due to the healing and soothing properties of amino acids. Collagen Shots is packed with amino acids including proline and glycine, which are both important to supporting a healthy digestive system and gut health.
4. Bone and joint health – As we age, bones become less dense and more brittle meaning that they will break more easily and also take longer to heal. Collagen is found in every bone and joint in our body, so when collagen levels deplete it can cause problems with tendons and ligaments leading to stiffness. Collagen forms a gel-like substance which helps joints move more easily. Taking Collagen Shots will be providing extra building blocks to keep bones and joints healthy.
5. Promotes beauty sleep – If you take your Collagen Shots at night, you will be packing extra glycine into your beauty sleep regime. Glycine bonds with glycine receptors in the brain to quieten down the nervous system and its functions. Glycine promotes serotonin levels resulting in a deeper more rested nights sleep.
6. Strong lean muscles – As a protein taking Collagen Shots after your work out will provide amino acids to repair and build strong firm muscle tissue. The amino acid, glycine, helps to form muscle tissue which is vital to support our posture as we get older. It also helps us to burn off more calories naturally. Glycine also improves our ability to use antioxidants to construct healthy cells.
You might have noticed that you have more energy when you take Collagen Shots as glutamine assists with energy by providing fuel to our cells.
Another amino acid, arginine helps to repair muscle tissue and heal wounds. It helps to relax the arteries for better blood supply to the muscles while working out.
7. Healthy blood sugar levels – One of the key amino acids in Collagen Shots is glycine, which supports the body’s blood sugar levels and naturally supplies glucose to the body’s tissues for a healthy energy boost.
So as you can see there are many benefits to taking Collagen Shorts so why not give them a try. Click here to visit our online shop.